- The C-9 Cast MICROFINISH COMPARATOR is rectangular in shape (4 1/2"x 3 1/4") and is a corrosion resistant electroformed nickel duplicate of actual cast surfaces.
- There are nine replicated cast surface finish specimens ranging from 20 to 900 micro-inches.
- The C-9 MICROFINISH COMPARATOR is supplied in a leatherette case with engineering data and instructions.
- The C-9 is also available in metric with micrometer designations.
- Supplied with a Short Form Certification
- Allow 3 Weeks for Certification
GAR - (C-9) Cast - Microfinish Comparator - 20 -900 µin
Cast Microfinish Comparator: Nine replicated cast surface finish specimens ranging from 20 to 900 microinches.
The C-9 Cast MICROFINISH COMPARATOR Surface Roughness Scale is made by a dual electroforming process wherein nickel is electrodeposited to provide an exact reproduction in intricate detail. The same electroforming process used to produce the Surface Roughness Scale is available from GAR Electroforming to serve your product needs.
The C-9 Cast MICROFINISH COMPARATOR Surface Roughness Scale provides industry with established flat surface roughness specimens for visual and tactual comparison. It is used in specifying and controlling surface roughness when a product having the appearance of typically cast surfaces is required.
The C-9 Cast MICROFINISH COMPARATOR Surface Roughness Scale provides an economical tool which permits roughness to be specified on the same basis as linear measurements. The surfaces presented are the result of years of research and engineering. Details covering this subject are now published in The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) specification titled: "Surface Texture, Surface Roughness, Waviness and Lay." ANSI/ASME B46.1
UNIFORMITY AND ACCURACY
The original masters and the electroformed replica production masters have been checked at evenly distributed intervals. Sufficient measurements were taken to determine a representative average. The rating listed is the average of these readings.This MICROFINISH COMPARATOR Surface Roughness Scale is a patented item and is a product of the engineering skill and precision workmanship of GAR Electroforming Division.