- The G-62 Cylindrical Ground MICROFINISH COMPARATOR is rectangular in shape (2 3/8" x 6 1/4") and is a corrosion resistant electroformed nickel duplicate of actual ground inside diameter (I.D.) and outside diameter (O.D.) surfaces.
- There are ten replicated ground surface finish specimens; Five are shown as I.D. and five are shown as O.D. - both with range of 4 to 63 microinches (µin).
- The G-62 MICROFINISH COMPARATOR is supplied in a leatherette case with engineering data and instructions.
- The G-62 is also available in metric with micrometer designations.
- Allow 3 Weeks for Certification
GAR - (G-62) Cylindrical Ground - Microfinish Comparator - 4 - 63 µin
Ten replicated ground surface finish specimens: Five shown as inside diameter (I.D.) and five shown as outside diameter (O.D.)- both with range of 4 to 63 microinches.
The G-62 MICROFINISH COMPARATOR Surface Roughness Scale provides industry with established cylindrical roughness specimens for visual and tactual comparison. It is used in specifying and controlling surface roughness when a product having the appearance of typically ground surfaces is required.
The G-62 MICROFINISH COMPARATOR Surface Roughness Scale is made by a dual electroforming process wherein nickel is electrodeposited to provide an exact reproduction in intricate detail. The same electroforming process used to produce the Surface Roughness Scale is available from GAR Electroforming to serve your product needs.
The surfaces used in this scale are reproductions of accurately ground surfaces measured in microinches (millionths of an inch - 0.000001"). The numbers engraved alongside each surface are the average deviation from the mean surface expressed in microinches.
The G-62 MICROFINISH COMPARATOR Surface Roughness Scale provides an economical tool which permits roughness to be specified on the same basis as linear measurements. The surfaces presented are the result of years of research and engineering. Details covering this subject are now published in The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) specification titled: "Surface Texture, Surface Roughness, Waviness and Lay." ANSI/ASME B46.1
Place the MICROFINISH COMPARATOR Surface Roughness Scale alongside your work piece. Slide the scale so that the rectangle with the surface roughness you want is adjacent to the piece you are examining. Compare by drawing the tip of the fingernail across each surface at right angles to the tool mark. The feel of the fingernail contact must be the same if the finishes are identical.
This MICROFINISH COMPARATOR Surface Roughness Scale is a product of the engineering skill and precision workmanship of GAR Electroforming Division.