Dorsey - Bore Gage Set Master - Adjustable
- Bore gages are comparator type instruments used to compare parts being manufactured (unknown sizes) to known dimensions.
- "Setting" the bore gage to a known dimension requires the use of a reference master.
- The master ring is the most common type reference master used in industry and each ring is limited to one specific hole size. This means that a master ring inventory can reflect a large investment.
- Dorsey’s adjustable bore gage setmasters maintain all the advantages of master rings, but provide the added feature of adjustability.
- Within the specified capacity of each Dorsey "Setmaster", any dimension can be set by easily adjusting the master to a preset combination of gage blocks.
- - Only four setmasters are required to cover a range between .25" and 24"
- - Mastering cycle repeatability within .000050"
- - Setting cycle repeatability within ± .00010"
- - Ring correlation accuracy within ± .00010"
- - Used to set Dorsey DBL or DS Series bore gages.
- - **Can also be used to set many other brands of bore gages