- For rapid production inspection with maximum precision on polished or lapped work.
- In the Van Keuren Reflex Viewer, the optical flat is secured above the light in a fixed cell; the work is placed on top of the flat and bands noted.
- Keeping the work on top of the flat avoids serious distortion due to the weight of the flat when the work is small or delicate.
- Work larger than the flat can be inverted and moved across the flat for two or more observations.
- Handling of the optical flat is entirely eliminated and risk of accidental damage or excessive wear is greatly diminished